Favorite moment of the day:
I'm giving out some final directions at the end of the day and I'm telling them that they should ask their parents to let them count their change because it would be really good practice for them. I then remember that A. told me this morning that he lost a tooth and the tooth fairy visited him last night, so I suggested counting your money from the tooth fairy too. 'Jewels' immediately leans over and says, "Ms. Eastup I have to tell you something... I know that the tooth fairy isn't real. And Santa is just a fake all dressed up." She said it so matter of factly that I just had to laugh. Luckily for me she's smart enough to whisper it and not ruin everyone else's belief.
I also loved receiving a persuasive letter from my sweet little P in the homework tray trying to persuade me to let them have a party. It had perfect formatting and I was so proud! She took it upon herself to write it during her free time. My favorite reason: We are always working. I'm talking about letting us have a break. I think I"ll show it off to the rest of the class and see if I can get anymore persuasive letters to let them have a party. I'm starting to think this persuasive writing is a pretty good idea!
One last thing, I learned today how fast the hairs in your nostrils can freeze. The answer is instantly!
No comments:
Post a Comment