Friday, January 22, 2010

A Real African Safari!

Today was a very exciting day in the learning safari. The zoo made a special visit to our class!!!! They took us on an African safari right in our own classroom and we had a blast! In the words of J: "That was the best day of my life!"

We saw a tortoise:


A millipede:
A snake (oh my!):


And fruit bats:


You can probably imagine how engaged they were. I wish I could post pictures of the kids because I caught some pretty priceless facial expressions. Especially when the snake came out! They were so funny and just about to burst with excitement. J: "My heart is like pounding really hard!"

It was just a great Friday all around in our class. I wish we could do stuff like this more often. I think I was just excited as the kids. This morning they told me I was wiggly while I was giving them their spelling test. I just told them I knew it was going to be a great day. I also got a good laugh out of them today when I told them to call the waaaambulance after J was whining, probably about having to work too hard. They had never heard that before. Jewels: "That was pretty funny Ms. Eastup!" Sometimes I think they're shocked to realize I'm actually a normal person who can tell jokes and be silly.

I'll wrap up the excitement from the day! I need some rest for all day training tomorrow. Oh joy! When the kids found out that's why I have to drive to Denver tomorrow J responded: "But you've been doing this for a long time! You don't need anymore training!" Thanks J! If only TFA and the state of Colorado felt the same way :)

P.S. Can you tell who does most of the talking in our class?!

No comments:

Post a Comment