Last weekend I finally got to experience the joy of using my fireplace!!! It was so peaceful and relaxing to feel the warmth and hear the crackle of the burning wood. I had wonderful friends come experience the joy of making homemade pizza and roasting marshmallows for s'mores over the fire. What a great night! And I was quite impressed by all the pizza creations :)
- Wednesday we started learning about the solar system. We were reading Magic School Bus and we were reading about the moon. One students asked me who was the first person to land on the moon to which I quickly answered, "Lance Armstrong". As soon as it left my mouth I realized something was off. My students of course had no idea what a big mistake I had just made, but they got a good kick out of me laughing so hard at myself. I quickly corrected myself, but they're probably more likely to now remember Lance instead of Neil.
- We were finishing up editing a sentence and were ready to write the corrected version. I said, "Alright, we're ready to go." To which a student replies very seriously "Where are we going?" Again, so literal!
- And finally, for some reason this week they have decided to give me a really hard time for always saying y'all. I really don't know what to do about it. I'm from Texas and we say y'all. What else are you suppose to say?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment