| MS099 take one |
| MS099 take two - can't leave out Mavrick! |
| MS100 |
| BU098 |
I gave the same bonus on all of my final exams: Tell me at least one thing you liked about this class and one thing that you did not like or you think I should change. It was one of my greatest decisions. It not only gave me a chance to get some good feedback for use in the future, it also wrapped up the semester on a high note and left me excited for another in the spring. In 1st grade terms, they filled my bucket until it overflowed! I came here to hopefully serve them and give them the best education I can offer, but they have given even more to me in return. They have shown me the joys of teaching older students and confirmed that teaching can be a lot of fun. They have shown me great determination, perseverance through all sorts of obstacles, and some of the highest quality of work I've seen.
There were times during the semester that I would wonder if I really needed to be here. Is there really a need for me to be teaching here? Am I really making any difference? Do the students even understand me? But as I read their final comments to me I was reminded that God did bring me here for a purpose. Even when I feel inadequate, He graciously works through me to accomplish great things. By His grace I am different from other teachers they have had. The fact that I show up every day, on time, with a lesson prepared is apparently something some of them have sadly never experienced before. I know God loves them so much and has shared that deep love for them with me, and I think they can see that overflow. It may be late in their years of education, but I am delighted that God would use me to finally give them the chance to know that someone believes in them and wants the best for them. I'm going to miss teaching them, but I'm excited to continue building relationships with them as I see them around campus next semester. I've already had several of them e-mail me so we can stay in touch; made my day! Plus I'll be getting a whole new group of wonderful students in January! I can't wait!
But for now I am going to enjoy my nice, long Christmas break. I love being a teacher! :)
For further blog-reading entertainment, you can check out my latest Mango Escapade race as well:
KBP 5k
No comments:
Post a Comment