Monday, July 30, 2012

Dream Come True in Boulder

Two weeks ago a dream came true.  Nikki and I are roommates once again!  Four years after moving out of "The Mansion" in College Station, we have reunited in Boulder.  It's crazy to think about what life has been like for each of us in those 4 years.  We've grown a lot, experienced a lot, and changed a lot, but being roommates again couldn't be better :)
Probably the last 5 times (at least) that I have moved  my family has been so great to get me moved.  They've done the packing, heavy lifting, driving, etc.  But finally, enough was enough.  This time I hired movers!  It was kind of weird to see them doing all the work, but also a fantastic decision.
Unloading time in Boulder
 Joe and Richard from Two Men and a Truck did such a nice job of moving my stuff.  They lifted everything like champs, were quick, and took care of my belongings.  Nothing broken!  I would definitely use Two Men and a Truck again and recommend them to anyone moving.  There's my little plug for them ;)

Nikki and I have the 1st floor, and 4 other girls live in
the basement completely separate from us
Once it was all in, Nikki and I quickly got to work arranging the furniture and unpacking all the boxes.  We were totally exhausted by the end of the day (there's always more stuff than you think), but it all worked out just right.  The furniture fits great.  We're very pleased with our decorations.  All of our kitchen supplies together make a complete kitchen.  Within a day or two I felt completely settled in and it felt like home.
Making it a little classier with the Ash Gray walls
Down-sized desk area and my en-suite bath
The final arrangement of living room furniture
Nice and open into the dining area
This black shutter hung bare for 2 years with "potential".
I am so happy to show that it has finally reached its
potential ;)
I upgraded to more kitchen space!
Moving to a new place also includes figuring everything out again.  Where is the grocery store?  What's the fastest way to get places?  How do I get this door locked?  All of these things have the potential to be frustrating, but I prefer to find them exciting and embrace the adventures of wandering around looking for things.  I've already discovered some great running trails.  And maybe my favorite thing is how bike-friendly the whole town is.  Bikers have their own roads and there are always bike lanes.  It makes for a much safer biking experience.  I also love that I have a great view of the Flatirons out my window and on my drive home from work.  Every time I top the hill and see the range before me I can't help but praise God for His majestic creation!
But back to where I started, the coolest thing is getting to have Nikki as a roommate again.  It's fun to see how we've changed and yet there's so many things about us that haven't changed a bit.  Check out the comparison.
College Station, TX 2005
Our first grocery store trip after moving in
1st time we decided to be roommates at
Wildflower #9
Check out the first version of my room with the very
vibrant Crocodile Smile walls :)

Boulder, CO 2012
 
 
Still having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment