It's hard to believe that just 2 weeks ago I was in Boulder, still unsure of what I was going to do next. After a lot of answered prayers and God-given peace, I'm now back in Colorado Springs! What a whirlwind change. I accepted my new job on a Monday and started orientation on Tuesday. Thankfully the next weekend was a 3 day weekend, which allowed me to actually move. My wonderful parents made the trip back up to Colorado, with the help of our #1 travel agent, Zach. They flew into action even before I could get up to Boulder to get me packed up and ready for the move. Monday morning my favorite moving company showed up to move me right back to where they moved me from just 7 months before. It made it very easy for setting up the move when I could just tell the lady to reverse the addresses. :)
 |
| So long Boulder! It's been a great experience! |
 |
Hello Colorado Springs! I know they just loved carrying all of that stuff back up the stairs. |
We got to work right away to get everything settled in. Everything pretty much went back where it was before, so in some ways it kind of feels like I never left.
I've hit the ground running at my new job. They wasted no time getting me involved and working on various things. Everyone in my office has been so welcoming and a very enjoyable to work with. My boss even had flowers waiting for me on my first day.
 |
| So sweet! |
Of course I wanted to make a fun treat to share with co-workers. Valentine's Day fell just two days after I started, so it was the perfect opportunity to make something fun. I was also excited to reconnect with friends here. So I invited Meredith over for dinner and Valentine treat making. Little did she know that I had not moved any of my furniture down at that point, so we had a make-shift dining table.
 |
Plastic patio furniture given to me by my neighbors. Hey, it works. |
She also had no idea that not only were we preparing for a holiday the next day, but we were also celebrating the random holiday for that day.
 |
| Tortellini Day!!! |
After enjoying our delicious tortellini, we got to work on our Valentine treats. I figured I might as well kick off my work treats with my signature homemade marshmallows. I got a little inspiration from Pinterest to dip them in chocolate and decorate with hearts. Again, my kitchen supplies were still a bit limited, but we figured out a way to rig up slightly ghetto way of melting chocolate. It took some time, but we eventually got the process going.
We had chocolate and powdered sugar ALL OVER the kitchen. Haha! But we had a great time and were quite happy with our little project. And I think my co-workers will keep me around ;)
I've been pretty spoiled so far with my work weeks. The first week was a 4 day week. Then the second week was also suppose to be a 4 day week, but we got a big snow and were blessed with a snow day!
It was the talk of town that District 2 called a snow day the night before. That's almost unheard of. I was so thankful for a day stuck inside. It was the perfect opportunity for me to get everything completely settled and in its place. Plus it has made it much easier for me to transition back into the working life.
I got to have a girl lunch with my former office-mates yesterday. It was great to get to catch up with them and also confirm that I made a very good decision when I left. As much as I love them and enjoyed being in the office with them every afternoon, it's way more fun to just hangout with them on the weekend. I'm really excited about this new opportunity to put my classroom experience to use in a different way.
 |
Hanging out with them also gave me an excuse to try my hand at dog biscuits. |
 |
| It was Dog Biscuit Day of course! Minnie loved them :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment