So I'm sure you can presume that I was very excited that there is a whole random holiday dedicated to cereal. The day happened to also fall on the same day that I was overseeing a big test material return at work. I wanted to do something fun and special to let the school assessment coordinators that I appreciate all their hard work. Being cereal day, of course it needed to involve cereal. So I bought the little individual cereal boxes and came up with some super cheesy sayings.
| It helps the second one make sense if you say it out loud to yourself |
Each coordinator got to choose their favorite cereal, probably from their childhood. They all got a good laugh and smile out of it. I was excited to even have one other person that actually knew it was Cereal Day. My co-workers still think it's hilarious that I do things like this.
Now the day could not go by without celebrating myself. I stocked up ahead of time so that I could have a bowl of cereal at every meal of the day.
| Breakfast Blueberry Flax Granola |
| Lunch Got the mango in too! |
| Dinner A nice new variation on Cheerios |
I do feel the need to tell a little side story on my breakfast granola...So I decided to make a quick stop at Sprouts on my way home one night. I walked in to find the store completely picked over because everyone was preparing for the "blizzard" that was predicted for the following day. I decided to go ahead and do my shopping and just get whatever I could. I was just about done with my shopping. The last thing I needed to get was some chicken because I didn't want it sitting in my cart the whole time. I went over to the chicken and started to look through to see which one was just the right size. I finally pick the chicken I want and turn around to discover that my cart is not there.
I look all around and begin to think that I must be losing my mind. "Did I leave my cart somewhere?" "Am I going insane and it's really here, I just don't see it?" I backtracked my steps, but became certain that I had taken my cart with me to the chicken. I must have looked absolutely ridiculous walking around the store with such a confused look on my face. Then I started to wonder if I was on some kind of candid camera. I thought for sure someone was about to pop out laughing and telling me to "Smile! You're on candid camera!" But no. No candid camera.
I ended up back at the chicken where a family had been near by the whole time. I asked them if they had seen anything, and they had. They said they noticed a man in a green shirt and green apron walk of quickly with my cart. They thought it was strange, but reasoned that he must have been with me. It did not solve my problem, but I was at least thankful to know that I had not completely lost my mind.
I tracked down a worker and told him my situation. He couldn't find my cart, so he went to the manager. The manager apologized and said that one of his workers must have rounded it up as an abandoned cart. Abandoned?!?!? I was standing right beside it. Trying to stay positive about the fact that it could have been much worse if I had put my personal belongings in the cart, I grabbed another cart and started all over again. But quite honestly, I was tired, hungry and just wanted to go home. I did not anticipate being there so long.
One of the items I had in my original cart was a big bag of the granola on sale that week. When I went back over to fill up another bag, there were 2 people waiting to get the granola. I got behind them to patiently wait to fill up my bag. The first lady filled up a whole bag. The second lady filled up a whole bag. They wiped out the entire bin. "You've got to be kidding me! Where are the cameras? This must be a joke!" Again, no joke, no cameras. I go find the same manager I spoke to earlier to ask if they had any more in the back. He runs off to see and comes back to inform me that that was the very last of it. He must have seen the total defeat in my face. He felt so bad.
So as a reconciliation for all that had occurred, he told me I could fill up an entire bag of any granola I wanted. Price didn't matter. Just fill it up. I perked up a bit at this. The Blueberry Flax Granola is by far my favorite, and it doesn't go on sale often. I took my bag over and filled it up!
Long story short, it was one of my more frustrating shopping experiences ever, but it ended in quite a blessing. I will now be enjoying delicious bowls of blueberry granola for many mornings. And it made a great start to my Cereal Day!!!
| That right there is many happy mornings! |
| Thanks Manager Jason! |
No comments:
Post a Comment