Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pancake Day 2015

Since Pancake Day is such a special random holiday to me, it's only fitting that it gets it very own post.  This year was no exception to the grandness of Pancake Day.  It was celebrated all day long - breakfast, lunch and dinner!

As I was preparing for the day, I came across a post-it note from last year.  It was a recipe from a friend that celebrated with me last year and I had completely forgotten about.  When I saw it, I knew that those had to be my breakfast pancakes.
If you can't read it, the bottom of the note says,
"You owe me $1.00 if you don't make this next year."
They were definitely hearty, healthy, and a nice change to the typical pancake.  Since they were a little odd, I just made two for myself to eat for breakfast.

For work breakfast, I set up a make-your-own-pancake bar.  I had the buttermilk base with different add-ins to choose from.


 International Pancake Day happened to coincide with Mardi Gras this year, so I had to incorporate it somehow.  Lunch pancakes were also Mardi Gras pancakes.
Green spinach pancakes
Yellow curry hummus
Purple cabbage
Mardi Gras Pancake!
After work I hurried home to get ready for the big pancake dinner.  I learned from previous years that people go more for the sweet pancakes, so I tried to make more of the sweet options.  But I always have to try some savory too; otherwise I would be totally pancaked out and sugared out by the end of the day.
So glad I got a new range with 4 working burners
Sweet potato kale, spicy black bean, blueberry,
chocolate chip, peanut butter chip, chocolate & peanut
butter chip, funfetti birthday, banana, buttermilk
and a plethora of topping options!
It was a great night with my little place packed with happy pancake eaters.  I still need to make more sweet pancakes.  They go so quickly!  We already started planning for next year's celebration.  Lots of ideas.  The biggest request - bacon!  Good luck with that one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment