Friday, November 30, 2018

Hash #3

Hash #3 was definitely the most adventurous so far!  My teammates and I actually co-hosted this Hash with a doctor that lives just up the mountain from us.  We can't host one at our place, so he provides the location and the trail and we provide the bites (that's what we call snacks here).  It was a Hash to remember!
Not long after we started, we were already in a bunch trying to figure out where the trail was and where we were supposed to go.  About that time it also started raining pretty hard.  We were almost at the point of giving up and turning back when we heard "on-on", which means that someone found the trail.  So off we went, not letting the rain stop us.  Boy was I glad that I didn't turn back.  I would have missed out on so much fun!  Because of the rain, I don't have as many pictures as I would have liked to share, but I still got some good ones.  Enjoy!
Just before the down pour, already a little unsure
if we were on the right trail
There were 2 options - Good Hashers or Better Hashers
Everyone chose Better, so I went along and
became a "Better Hasher"
Down into the valley, a little slick
Looking back up for a different perspective
Going down into the valley meant that we got
down to the river.  This was just the first of many
water crossings.
I had to have one selfie to capture how much
fun I was having :)  Can you see happiness on my face?
Seemingly endless amounts of Angels' Trumpets
I remember saying that I felt like I was in the
garden of Eden
I just thought it was an adventure until we got to this water crossing.  Our option was either to shimmy across on the log or walk through the river.  I didn't want my shoes to be that wet, so I opted for shimmying across the log.  Again, so happy with my choice!  It was beautiful and so much fun!!!

The other crossings made us thankful for bridges
Yay, I see another bridge coming!
I guess it can be trusted? ;)
At least 4 or 5 of the crossings were hopping
from rock to rock, like you see here, and trying
our best to not fall in.
We all made it back!  We were a little wet and muddy, but nothing a shower won't fix.  The memories, the sights, and the experiences were totally worth it.  And then we got to enjoy bites.
The bites were quite a hit - samosas, carrots and
hummus, chips and guacamole, watermelon,
popcorn, cookies, and chocolate cake. Yum!

1 comment: