Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh 2nd Graders!

One of our vocab words this week is hardest. To help them acquire the meaning better I of course have them discuss the word with their table. So my question was, what is the hardest thing you have ever had to do? The answer I overheard the most: doing my laundry! Really? First, I find it hard to believe that they even do their own laundry. Second, if the hardest thing you've ever had to do was laundry then your life is pretty easy.

Other shocking moment of the day: the desk fairy decided to make her appearance after school today. She occasionally rewards students for keeping their desks neat. As I'm going around checking them out I see what appears to be a piece of trash in one student's desk. I was going to be nice and throw it away for her. Turns out it was a note from one of the boys in my class. It read: P. your sexy. Again, really?!?! 2nd grade and we're telling girls they're sexy? I'm appalled and not sure how to respond to that situation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Write something else on the note with a check yes/no box. Could recreate that country song!

    ReplyDelete