Students have been working hard recently to raise money for Founding Day. The money will go towards a fund for the college. I'm still a little fuzzy on all the details, but I know that different groups are competing to raise the most money. They've been raising money in a couple of different ways. The main source of fundraising that we've seen on campus has been bake sales.
 |
| Hmm...now I know where you were instead of coming to class! |
 |
| Baked goods and chilled coconuts! I'm loving these sales. |
 |
| Quite the saleswoman! |
Then yesterday we got to enjoy new form of fundraising: A Variety Show! Students sold tickets beforehand and at the door to raise money. There were also concessions as an additional money maker. Our tickets said the show was from 1pm to 6pm. We decided to show up shortly after 1 expecting that it wouldn't start exactly on time. Little did we realize it wouldn't start on time at all.
 |
| 1:30 rolled by... |
 |
| 2:00 rolled by... |
At about 2:30 they were finally ready to start. I say this not to complain, but to just share the humor of how things work. It was a good time of mingling and realizing that I've gotten very use to feeling very lost a majority of the time since I often don't know what's being said or what the plan is. It was worth the wait. The acts were lacking a bit in the variety aspect, but they were most certainly entertaining. I caught glimpses of mos to the acts on video:
Yes, you did hear the Cotton-eyed Joe, and it seemed to be the most popular song of the day. It was played at least 5 times, and people loved it! I loved it too! Plus they have the most interesting re-mixes of songs here. I'd like to find out where they come from. It was quite the enjoyable Sunday afternoon entertainment!
No comments:
Post a Comment