Sunday, June 9, 2019

Mid-Year Sports & Games Day


To celebrate the completion of one whole semester, we had a sports and games day the day before the last day of the term.  Students are always excited when they are allowed to wear play clothes to school and they get to just have fun playing with their classmates.  As an administrator, I find it a bit chaotic and makes me so thankful that our schools days are usually much more structured and organized.  I'm also very thankful to say that we walked away from the day without any major injuries.  Kids and teachers had a blast. I didn't have to take anyone to the hospital. I'll count that a successful sports and games day.

Standard 3 Water Relay
Starting off passing the water as instructed
Quickly deciding: Forget this, I'm just going to turn and pour :)



Standard 1 Sack Race

Standard 7 Sack Race
Teacher vs. Student
Standard 5 Soccer

Standard 1 Water Relay

Standard 6 Sack Race

Pre-Primary 3 Sack Races
What happens when 3-year olds do sack races
with sacks that are bigger than them.

Standard 3 Sack Races


The day ended with a teachers vs. students soccer match.  This was probably the highlight of the day for many students.  They think it is the best to see their teachers out there playing and to have the chance of beating them.  In the last 2 minutes, however, the teachers scored a goal for the win, 3-2.
What a fun end to a wonderful semester full of hard work by all!

The same week, our girls soccer team was selected to represent our entire region in the national soccer competition.  They'll continue their training for the first couple of weeks of June and then will travel to the national competition towards the end of the month.  We're excited for them!
The team with their regional coach

No comments:

Post a Comment